Join the team at CANtronik
CANtronik Limited is a privately owned company formed in 2007 with its headquarters in the UK with manufacturing plants in North America, Asia and the UK.
We have from the very start designed, developed, manufactured, distributed and supported worldwide our own range of CANvu displays. Drawing on the wide range of knowledge and depth of experience in advanced electronics and microprocessor systems within our company, to deliver cost effective customised solutions. We therefore have our own in-house Engineering team with skills in Embedded Linux, and other internal teams covering functions such as operations, accounts, sales and marketing.
Above all we are a friendly but professional bunch, so as and when specific vacancies arise we will list them right here. We are always interested in talking to talented experienced professionals, so if you think you have what it takes send your CV to HR@ by contacting us.
We currently have vacancies for:
Software Engineer – Embedded uC
Due to the recent growth of the company we are seeking to appoint a new role of Software Engineer at our offices in Upton, Poole. You will be a key member of the software team and will contribute to the development of the next generation of connected industrial and marine products. The company is a fast moving, forward thinking software organisation that has a dynamic team that provide bespoke software and product applications to its clients.
• Design, development and support of embedded software and communication protocols.
• Development of tools to support embedded software product development.
• Development of testing and validation strategies.
• Maintenance and improvement of software for existing products.
• Administration and maintenance of supporting infrastructure for software development.
• Integration of software with hardware.
Skills & Experience
We are seeking recent examples of the below points:
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience of developing real-time embedded products.
• Excellent C and C++ skills
• Experience of RTOS and/or embedded OS e.g. FreeRTOS, RTX, Linux etc.
• Exposure to one or more of the following: WiFi (802.11), Bluetooth LE (V4.x or V5), MQTT, COAP
• Experience of Cortex-M or ESP32 microcontrollers desirable
• Experience of Embedded Linux on ARM (i.MX6) desirable
• Knowledge of UML
• Exposure to good SCM practices with git and svn.
• Exposure to IoT applications and/or mobile app development desirable but not essential.
• Excellent communicator, written, verbal and electronically with experience interfacing with clients.
• The ideal candidate will have experience of both developing and implementing to specifications.
• Able to work in a small team developing high class, robust software within an ISO9001 environment.
• To actively engage in an environment of continual improvement
• Flexible team player
This is an excellent opportunity for a developer looking to develop themselves further by working in a small engineering team in a growing business.
The opportunity to influence and specify on technical specifications and reasoning using systematic judgement.
You will be involved in the complete project cycle, supporting customer queries, software implementation and validation.
#### NO AGENCIES ####