Join the team at CANtronik
CANtronik Limited is a privately owned company formed in 2007 with its headquarters in the UK with manufacturing plants in North America, Asia and the UK.
We have from the very start designed, developed, manufactured, distributed and supported worldwide our own range of CANvu displays. Drawing on the wide range of knowledge and depth of experience in advanced electronics and microprocessor systems within our company, to deliver cost effective customised solutions. We therefore have our own in-house Engineering team with skills in Embedded Linux, and other internal teams covering functions such as operations, accounts, sales and marketing.
Above all we are a friendly but professional bunch, so as and when specific vacancies arise we will list them right here. We are always interested in talking to talented experienced professionals, so if you think you have what it takes send your CV to HR@ by contacting us.
We currently have vacancies for:
Business Development Manager – Posted March 18
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to grow the business within Industrial/Construction/Agricultural/Heavy Plant Machinery markets both in the UK and throughout Europe to help drive our continued annual growth.
We operate internationally in a Business to Business environment in Marine and Industrial markets. Customers include Sunseeker, Cosworth, Ducati and Volvo Penta, and we need your help to identify and gain more customers like these.
You will be able to demonstrate your experience of sales and business development with commercial knowledge of dealing with Customer Decision Makers across a range of industry sectors. The ideal Business Development Manager will have an understanding of selling mechanical or electronics equipment to Industrial customers.
This is a varied and dynamic role so you will be:
- Self-driving & working collaboratively researching, targeting new opportunities using tools such as LinkedIn
- Using your established contact network to sell our products and solutions
- Contacting prospects, capturing requirements including technical specifications
- Creating professional & accurate sales proposals
- Meeting and presenting products to new prospects and up-selling to existing customers
- Assisting with UK and International exhibitions
We would expect you to:
- Have experience of Business Development and a strong commercial awareness
- Be comfortable presenting and communicating with key decision makers
- Have good written and spoken English
- Have good MS Office skills, including Word & Excel
- Be adaptable, looking for a challenge and able to self-drive
The ideal person would also:
- Be motivated by achieving targets and driving business growth
- Have a technical sales background
- Be familiar with a CRM such as Zoho
What you’ll get in return
£40k – £45k plus uncapped commission scheme and a variety of company benefits including flextime. You will be working within a small and friendly team, within an international group of companies.
Software Engineer – Additional Roles added March 18
We are seeking an experienced software developer to join our busy team of software engineers, working to develop new customer projects across different industries and applications. Our engineers are encouraged to actively engage in continual improvement and share learning and experience with colleagues.
Technical skills & experience
- Qualified to degree level possessing BSc or HND or industry equivalent
- Good understanding of CPU based systems architecture and memory management
- Excellent C (Store Classes, Qualifiers, Strong understanding of pointer manipulation, etc)
- Excellent understanding of Multi-threading programming, Software Design Principals and Coding Standards
- Excellent C++ (Strong understanding of Polymorphism, Inheritance, Operator overloading, Abstract classes, etc)
- Good knowledge of QT (4.8 up to 5.X): Coding, Debugging, UI designing both in Editor and QtQuick. OpenGL knowledge is a bonus, but not mandatory
- Understanding of Linux in embedded environment
- Good understanding of Board Support Package (BSP): Buildroot, Linux device tree and drivers, etc.
- Good understanding of Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS), ideally on an ARM platform, preferably STM32
This is an excellent opportunity for a developer looking to develop themselves further in modern coding practices using C++ and greater their experience and knowledge with QT based applications. You will be responsible for projects from concept to completion along with ad hoc updates and enhancements.
CANtronik offer our employees:
- A competitive salary negotiable upon experience
- 31 days holiday p/a including bank holidays
- Option to buy additional 10 days holiday
- 3% Pension auto enrollment
- Annual salary pay review
- Core flexible working
- Childcare voucher scheme
To find out more about these roles please get in touch to request more details or send your up to date CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
#### NO AGENCIES ####